Full Stack Engineer
A full stack developer is an engineer who can handle all the work of databases, servers, systems engineering, and clients. Depending on the project, what customers need may be a mobile stack, a Web stack, or a native application stack.
What we are looking for
You’ll be a self-starter capable of working in a fast paced development environment with the freedom to approach, own and solve problems independently, as well as part of a team. You will be working on the company’s cutting edge data analytics tool so we would expect you to have experience in developing and maintaining complex, service oriented applications in addition to a knowledge of general principles in large scale distributed systems. Experience in different distributed technologies including Kafka, Spark, Postgres or ElasticSearch will also stand you in good stead for the role. Your primary work will be on the platform development but you can also expect to contribute to User Interface development when required.
- Help define and develop new features
- Work with other developers and stakeholders in feature development
- Interpret user requirements and respond with a coherent technical solution
- Keep abreast of advances in the field and make recommendations as to future technology choice
- A proven background on working on complex distributed systems
- Experience with at least one of the following: Node.js, Go, Python
- Familiarity with developing RESTful services
- Experience with some of the following: HTML5/CSS3, React, D3
What’s in it for you?
Daily working in our newly refurbished office has developed a close-knit team, but we appreciate the need for a work/life balance and constantly strive to achieve a flexible, fun and healthy environment for success. A pool table for some competitive fun, weekly Yoga sessions to keep mind and body in check, regular social events, and a fantastic panoramic view of the London. Standard benefits include office fruit and snacks, company pension, 30 days’ annual leave and Virgin Active gym membership.
If you are interested in solving difficult problems, want to work in a collaborative, supportive team where everyone’s ideas are essential to success, why not become an intrinsic part of our journey.Email us